Tammy's Creative Connection Blog

Here is a link to see my creative side. http://tammyscreativeconnection.blogspot.com/



Monday, April 12, 2010

Get Real

So, I got up this morning to prepare for a CT scan on my abdomen at 6:15am. I drank that nasty tasting barium at 6:15, 7:15 and 7:45. Drive to the diagnostic health place to get this done...get undressed...go into the CT scan room and the technician asks me...I see you have bad allergies....I say yes...I carry an epipen....he says did you take the steroid preparation medications....I say "no, nobody told me about that"....he says..."well since you had a reaction to dye in the past you will need to be on steroids before I can inject you with dye." I told him "you have got to be kidding me"...he says "we will have to reschedule you after you call your doctor to call you in a prescription of steroids." I was so frustrated....I mean come on...could you have not told me that when I came in on Friday to pick up the contrast to drink? I am so irritated with doctors right now. Why can't it be easy for me to get procedures done? After drinking that nasty tasting stuff feeling nauseated all morning I have to start all over....geez!!! I have a call into my GI doctor now...hopefully he will just go ahead with the colonoscopy and get it over with. If not I think I will just live with the pain and suck it up.

No comments: